Thursday, May 31, 2012

Three To Go



A Cowgirl's Poem
THREE TO GO

The music is blaring and the announcer is shouting

“that's your new leader, what a run”.

As I warm up my horse, he knows the deal

my adreneline is climbing as his motor's switched on.

There's 3 to go.............

I make no eye contact and I speak to nobody,

It's time to focus and barrel race in my mind

The perfect pattern I see over and over

Past mistakes I have made are all left behind

There's 2 to go..................

I try not to watch the runs just before me,

they only distract from my purpose and plan

As I check my girth and shorten my reins

Someone says, “run hard girl” and I know that I can

There's 1 to go.................

My name is now called and I'm standing by



My horse sees the alley and he begins to dance

the rider before me smiles as she exits

the gate is held open...........this is our chance

and then we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!